What does it take to be a “Top 25 Most Socially Engaged Agency”?
After LinkedIn analyzed 60,000 staffing agencies around the globe to create their annual ranking, they took a closer look at some of the best examples of firms that are seeing success in their efforts. Overall, three trends emerged that reflect the way these companies are using LinkedIn to effectively build their presence, engage with potential candidates and clients and recruit the best talent.
Here is how we all can continue to learn from the big guys:
1. Focusing on building your follower base.
According to LinkedIn, 93% of recruitment company followers say they are interested in hearing about job opportunities from those companies they follow on LinkedIn. In 2015, global company Hays became the first staffing firm to reach the incredible milestone of 1 million followers on LinkedIn. And as of today they’ve almost doubled to 1.9 million.
To grow your own follower base, consider these tactics:
- Add a Follow button to your company website. Make it easy for people who visit your website to follow your Company Page by embedding a free “Follow” button. For more details, visit this site.
- Go social. Cross-promote your Company Page in LinkedIn Groups and on other social platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
- Have employees spread the word. Ask your team to include a link to your Company Page on their LinkedIn profiles and in all client and candidate communications. They can even embed a Follow button in their email signatures.
2. Sharing relevant, engaging content.
Start by thinking about your target audiences. Are you talking to active or passive clients & customers? Who are they and what are they interested in? What do you know that can help them with their challenges?
Successful companies run highly targeted marketing campaigns on LinkedIn, based on regionally-focused content plans. They identify what their audiences care about, and target content accordingly. The more specific the content, the more likely your key audience will find value in it and engage with it.
3. Leveraging your employees.
Recruitment pros receive 10x the traffic on LinkedIn, but all companies can benefit from the eyes looking at your employees’ profiles. What can you do to make the most of this traffic?
Encourage your employees to share content that’s relevant to their target customers and clients. They can also leverage their LinkedIn profiles as marketing platforms by sharing information about your firm and their role. One of the highly-ranked global firms on the MSE list leverages their employees in this way to amplify content and maintain a consistent brand on employees’ profiles.
* * *
Our CEO, Josh Heuchan, shares his insight on our success this year: “In early 2016 we made made it our mission to grow our LinkedIn connections and amplify our engagement by 10x. The work that the team has done it that time, chipping away at it every day and every week, has really paid off, and why we’re so proud of landing in the Top 10 this year. In the end, you have to gather your tools, study those already successful, collect commitment from the team, then add a lot of elbow grease!”